Industrial water treatment LIMS: high-quality and high-tech lab workflows!
Industrial water treatment: let FP-LIMS support your high-tech laboratory workflows
LIMS software for industrial water treatment
Industrial water treatment is becoming more and more crucial nowadays in manufacturing since they conform to various purification and separation needs.
For this reason, the right laboratory software makes a considerable difference.
LIMS (Definition) means “Laboratory Information Management System” and describes a software solution to manage, collect, merge and archive not just data you can import from your measurement devices but also samples.
Nevertheless, LIMS is also crucial for quality control, manages your lab workflows, and enables you to visualize your data remotely.
Technologies for industrial water treatment
- Industrial Filtration
- Industrial Reverse Osmosis Systems
- Nanofiltration Systems
- Commercial Reverse Osmosis Systems
- Seawater Desalination Systems
- Water Softening
[FP]-LIMS is the solution provided by Fink & Partner on the international market and belongs to the IoT-technologies designed for the high-tech requirements of Industry 4.0. [FP]-LIMS is also an ideal solution for environmental purposes, such as water recycling and purification.
Compatible measurement devices for industrial water treatment
[FP]-LIMS is a very flexible solution and thanks to the know-how of Fink & Partner GmbH has an open interface to many measurement devices for the laboratory. The manufacturers’ overview below shows just a small selection of the compatible measurement devices:
What is an industrial water treatment system?
The most accurate way to describe an industrial water treatment system is to concentrate the explanation on the specific industrial application area. All in all, an industrial water treatment system is a method to treat water for consumption, manufacturing, or disposal.
The following industrial water treatment systems will give a more detailed overview of the potentials of this application area:
- Boiler feedwater treatment systems: they detect and remove harmful impurities and control the water’s acidity and conductivity. The steps of Boiler feedwater treatment systems concern the following steps: Makeup water intake, Filtration, Softening, Dealkalization, Reverse osmosis (RO) and nanofiltration (NF), Primary ion exchange (IX), Deaeration or degasification, Polishing, Distribution.
- Wastewater treatment systems: wastewater concerns water that has been contaminated by human interaction and can be therefore harmful. The proceedings to treat wastewater are the followings: Clarification, Disinfection, Softening, Distribution.
- Raw water treatment systems: Raw water concerns the water that has to be found in the environment that has not been treated before. Raw water does not have any minerals, ions, particles, bacteria, or parasites removed and includes rainwater, groundwater, and infiltration wells. The following procedure occurs when treating raw water: Intake, Clarification, Disinfection, Lime softening, Ion exchange (IX), Distribution, Membrane filtration.
- Cooling tower water treatment systems: this process is used to protect the cooling tower’s components from any kinds of contaminants that can be present in feed water circulation water or even blowdown water. The process should be like the following: Makeup water intake, Filtration, Softening, Chemical addition, Side-stream filtration, Post-treatment.
Why FP-LIMS for industrial water treatment?
Water is a very flexible element and needs, therefore flexible measurement methods to be analyzed. For this reason, Fink & Partner GmbH developed a customizable, flexible, and cross-industrial LIMS software solution to satisfy the most specific requirements and lab workflows. Laboratory technicians are aware of the fact that high-quality industrial water treatment systems involve a considerable amount of data and samples that need to be analyzed. Also, quality has an essential role when it comes to data transparency and security. [FP]-LIMS is an IoT-technology designed to satisfy these requirements as well as the upcoming standards of the Digital Revolution, also known as Industry 4.0. Therefore, [FP]-LIMS can communicate with upper-level systems such as SAP and PCS. Since 2020, [FP]-LIMS officially communicates with SAP S/4HANA® and has the certified interface.
[FP]-LIMS has a sophisticated modular structure that enables it to meet the most specific requirements. Important modules to support industrial water treatment are the followings:
- Analysis management
- Web access
- Input dialog
- Quality inspection / Inspection planning